The Switcheroo

Monday, December 29, 2008

Hi. My name is Sabrina and I'm a recovering HBE (Holiday Binge Eater). I will stick to my eating plan this year. I will start today. I will prevent diabetes from attacking me. I will lose the dangerous pounds I have accumulated. I will. I just hope this isn't my determination's last will and testament. (:
In case anyone has gotten severely confused today, I did switch over my Google accounts. I previously used my old email address @nelarealtors.com, but since I am no longer employed there and don't use this as my contact address anymore, I started my gmail account. The problem was that I started my blog under the old account and it got really really annoying to have to log out of mail, calendar, and reader to post to my blog. And I left a comment on Sis. Orange's blog which looked like it came from a blank profile. So... now its all under the same heading. I've kept both profiles, but they are exactly the same. Easier for me, no difference to you.
I had an interesting holiday to be frank. My sister wrecked my dad's less-than-a-week old truck, my sister caused all kinds of havoc with her foul mouth and crude ways, and my sister locked my brother's dog in my dad's workshop all night. Interesting.
I used my small christmas bonus to buy Josh a couple of gifts I wasn't able to get him before and I used the other half to splurge on a digital camera for myself. It just killed me to spend the money because I had so many other things we needed for the house, but I couldn't live without it anymore. I hadn't taken a picture since August! So why am I not posting pictures today? Because I still don't have a camera. I got a Kodak EasyShare C913 and the goofy thing took like 8-9 seconds between shots. Not a good idea when you are trying to capture moments with a 2 year old. I was so frustrated! I would take a picture and then Landen would pose really great, but I couldn't get the shot! So I boxed it up and took it back to Wal-mart. It was just not the camera for me. Besides, I purchased it on a whim of desperation and not after careful consideration. Josh and I are review nuts. We will spend hours researching a purchase before we take the plunge. What was I to expect? So now I've reviewed and specified the specifics that I want in a camera and I think I've possibly settled on a Canon Powershot. I haven't bought it yet, but maybe today.
I've been at the office since 7am this morning and its now time to get to work. I'm toasty warm, I've had my Starbucks (christmas blend) and I've been through my Reader. Oh yeah, and we're starting an adoption to Germany today.

0 comments: