DIY Furniture

Saturday, March 14, 2009


I want a coffee-shop feel to my living room. Even though most of the visitors we have at our house either frequent the dining table or plop themselves on a loveseat in front of an x-box in the music room, its nice to know that I can feel Starbuckian without having to leave the house. Our solution was to get big comfy furniture, ottomans, great lighting, and art on the walls. While we are not yet completed with the project, we are well on the way. Today we spent several hours putting together ready-to-assemble furniture from Home Reserve. Its great furniture at a great price. They have sofas, loveseats, chairs, ottomans, sectionals....It comes via UPS in boxes delivered to your door. You get the pleasure of putting it together yourself. (: The cool thing about it is that every piece has built-in storage under the seat. Bye-Bye magazines that I just can't seem to throw away. And each part of the upholstery is removable and replaceable. No need to junk a perfectly good chair if you get a tear or something. Just order the specific part you need and fix it! Tired of the color you picked? Just replace the fabric. Really really cool. So if you need me this rainy evening, you'll fine me curled up with John Grisham's latest in my Chair and a Half. Check out the process under my photos on facebook.

0 comments: