Alarm Clocks and Time Change

Sunday, March 8, 2009

So last night, Josh and I are lying in bed around 11pm (of course it was 10pm yesterday, I wouldn't be up that late!)  We were all comfortable and cozy and I in my nightgown and Sam in his bed when what to my startled ears did appear, but a loud "chirping" noise coming from our bedroom.  Wait, I don't think I explained that very well.  A LOUD chirping noise.   Josh flipped on the light and found this big bug happily existing on our wall.  I think it was a cicada or something like that.  It looked like a grasshopper, but made this horrible racket.  I should back up and explain that I had drawn Josh's attention to the fact that a bug had gotten into the house earlier.  It was then resting on the living room wall minding its own business.  I actually thought it was a brown grasshopper.  So I casually mentioned it thinking that Josh might find the initiative to take a paper towel and release the creature back into the wild.  I guess he didn't.   While I am still recovering from a heart attack and the thing still won't shut-up, Josh grabs a shoe and proceeds to amputate the things' leg.  He was trying to kill it, but missed and ended up chopping off the leg it was using to play its "instrument"  So needless to say, we will not be using an alarm clock that sounds anything like a bug in the near future.   It was broken anyway, it chirped at the wrong time and the only thing working on it was the snooze button. (:
 
Then I was awakened again and again last night because Sam was a sick little puppy.   He evidently found a pork chop bone somewhere outside and ate it.   And he knows that bones make him sick.   The last three times he has had a stint in the animal hospital on an IV because of it.  ~The following is a little graphic, please protect young children~  He has some sort of issue where he gets sick and dehydrated and his blood gets so thick that it seeps into his intestines and stomach.  (I warned you didn't I?!)  The resulting catastrophe is a sleepy Sabrina up at all hours of the night switching out dog blankets and rinsing puke.  I put him outside for about an hour, but his barking was incessant, so that was not a solution.   He spent 30 minutes standing by my bed staring at me and begging for a clean blanket or to get in our bed.  No way Jose!  And so sorry Charlie, you've puked on all the blankets I have, so you just have to stay awake or sleep in it.   Ummm.. side note- I would never day this to my children, just the dog!  Now the washer is going, the rug is drying outside and he is bathed and sleeping on the couch.
 
So now I am blogging this morning and I was thinking how wonderful that I feel so refreshed and have so much time on my hands today and then I looked down and saw that the computer showed an hour later!  I totally forgot about the time-change.  Who invented this anyway??  Thanks a lot Ben Franklin!  To me its backward anyway.  It seems like we should just deal with shorter daylight hours in the winter and not change the clocks back to make the days seem even shorter.  We don't have church this morning because there is a funeral of one of the saints at 2pm.  My plans are to put a pork roast in the oven and finish my sewing project.   Get this:  I am making a beanbag loveseat.
We need one in the music/computer room and the extra large beanbags online are too expensive.   Enter my crazy idea of the hour:  I think I will create a pattern and order shredded foam to stuff one of my own!  All the ones I find online are just giant ovals or spheres, ours will actually be shaped like a sofa.  I'm almost done cutting my pieces and will start putting them together today.  I can't update you on the progress for a while since I am bidding on the foam on ebay and it doesn't end for a coulple more days.  But, as soon as I get it shipped here and stuff this baby, I'll post a picture.   Or not, if it doesn't work out.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

time change was invented during the war time....